Thursday 2 February 2017

Random Acts of Kindness Month

February is known as "Random Acts of Kindness Month". To start off the loving season I decided to have kids draw a name of a classmate. They had to think of three positive good things about that classmate and write one on each heart to post on their locker! I love spreading the love, and I really love that I had the kids keep it a secret. They loved going out and reading what was said about them! 


Here are just a couple examples up close. . . 





We launched a new unit in our WIN time with Miss Spee and Mrs. Nelson. We will be talking about endangered species. I thought it might be interesting for you to see the way in which we tell the kids what their final product will be when we start them project. Below is their goal that they look at each day! Sometimes I don't think people realize how AMAZING these kids are with the level of knowledge they use! As I would tell the kids...they are AWESOME-SAUCE! 




Our buddy brought in some cool things from home today! In our launch text we talked about beach combing and this kiddo LOVES sharks and had some neat things to share!



I love setting the timer and having the kiddos roam the room and solve some questions with a partner.  Today I let them choose a partner from their pod to answer comprehension questions to a short video about ground hogs day! 





Lastly, Check out our new door! :) Took the kids a minute to understand it! 


Let's hope to have a happy Fri-YAY tomorrow! We will kick off our day with a math test on telling time! I did send home some little games for fun and practice tonight! 



No comments:

Post a Comment