Friday 10 March 2017

It's Friday...Friday...Gotta Get Down on Friday!

Hello all!

I am so excited! We just had our kids who were gone from our last test, and retakers get done with their math money unit test! Before we took this unit test I told kids our class average goal should be to get above 90% as a class. Well.....WE MET OUR GOAL!


These smarty pants were so excited that we met our goal! Maybe I will even give them 10 minutes of free time this afternoon since we have been working so hard! 

Now that we are done with learning about money, we are onto learning about fractions! This will be a fun unit for the kids. We have only done a few activities so far and I have heard a lot of, "This is actually fun". I always say learning is SOOO fun. 


For the intro we watched a video and they took notes of things they think will be important for our vocabulary chart! They came up with a great list! 




Our focus this week has been on Folktales! We have been working with conflict and resolutions, setting, and authors point of view. We just finished up a Venn Diagram activity where we wrote the differences and similarities between The 3 Little Pigs and the True Story of the Three Little Pigs. Ask them about how they are different! 


Here are some directed drawings I taught the kids from last week! This is a character from the book, "If I Ran A Zoo" By Dr. Seuss




Lastly I thought I would just throw this out there.....your kiddos are only 78 days away from being 3rd graders! How crazy is this??? 





No comments:

Post a Comment