Thursday 6 October 2016

Today was such a fun day! It actually felt like a Friday for some reason?? I don’t know if that is a good thing or a bad thing? Any who this afternoon the kids got the chance to do a science experiment. We talked about what a scientist does and what predicting means.

I showed the students all the materials we would be using for this science experiment and then they drew a picture of what they thought would happen. Below is a picture of the materials.



After our predictions the kids came up front and watched the experiment that I conducted….and video taped. Man I am multi-tasker: teacher, video recorder, and scientist ;) Ok, back to science….

Below is a video of our demonstrated experiment that I showed them.



Now they got to experiment with a partner at their desks! We talked a lot about the importance of not just swishing the milk around….you have to be very careful to keep your colors nice! I did get a few groups who could “throw” their color bubbles around, which was soooo cool!



Below is a student putting their Q-Tip in the milk/food coloring for the first dip! Magic I tell ya! 




The students have also been on my case about how excited they are to get a Halloween door, so today after school I put together our October themed door! I hope they like it when they come in tomorrow.





P.S. TOMORROW IS MAROON AND GOLD DAY!!!We will be going to a parade (outside the school) for homecoming. Two students were drawn to walk in our parade tomorrow at 1:30. All are welcome to come to the parade! 

No comments:

Post a Comment