Monday 16 January 2017

Friday...

In our last post I posted a couple posed pictures of a few kiddos! Well...did you make your guess as to what we were creating? The kids have been working on a writing called "If I were Stuck In a Snow globe". 


I just got all of my guided math resources labeled and on the shelf! We are in the middle of our measurement unit which has been such a blast for the kids! They are so engaged by this unit. 
Last Friday we had four different types of math tests to take. It was a lot and we took mini break break between and after we finished. The first brain break was a teamwork skill! I had all the kids lay down and link arms. Then together they had to got from laying down to standing up all while staying linked to the person next to them! 


Here is the video of the results....:) 


Finally after we finished all those tests I introduced, "Zen Time". For 5 minutes I shut out the lights and turn on relaxing music. They can go anywhere in the room and relax for five minutes. Some of them grabbed a stuffed animal and propped it under their head, while others were sprawled out on their stomachs with their eyes closed. Once their five minutes was up I turned on one light and gave them a "Zen Challenge". They were put into groups of 6 and had to sort the papers they just turned in into alphabetical order...all while staying in ZEN mode! It was awesome and they did great!







No comments:

Post a Comment