Thursday 12 January 2017

Crushing It...

What a week! We have been busy! Yesterday we started our cursive unit, and I love how excited the kids are! Yesterday we started our "Rockin' Round" letters! We have now learned our cursive a and d. 




In writing we have been working on topic sentences and closing sentences. This actually was a tough thing to teach to the kids and I ended up having everyone start over after creating a story together on the smart board! I started something new called, "Quiet 10" which is where I set the timer for ten minutes and play smooth jazz music with no words. During this time the kids do their writing and can't talk unless they raise their hands for questions. I was so excited while I walked around and saw the big improvement of fresh good ideas and detailed writing!  Below is a video of our first time doing the Quiet 10!



I was so excited because when the timer went off all the kids went...awwww :( I am so excited they loved this nice quiet relaxing writing time. 

Can you guess what our writing project may be about with a couple of these pictures??? Hmmmm...






Lastly the kids have been getting their math fact sheet every night for homework! As a teacher I noticed that we were pretty slow on solving even simple math equations! This is an easy quick thing to do for homework each night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment