Thursday 8 September 2016

Hello!!

Another great day in the books for this hard working second grade class! These kiddos are hard workers and have been soooo busy in the classroom. I thought I would share some pictures of what we were up to today.

My first two kids in the classroom today were these two below! They had in common that they were both missing their top front tooth! I love that this is the age with all the wiggly teeth…I have already had about 3 kids come wiggle their tooth with their tongue for me! (haha)


We have also been discussing the importance of classroom rules this week! The kids came up with a huge web of rules on the smart board yesterday. After that they each got a post-it note and put what they thought were the top three most important in their opinion. We stuck them on our “We the Kids” poster until I have gone through their rules. I love getting them involved with creating rules for the class! That way if they break them I can say, “Hey! You made the rules!” J


The kids in math today learned how to convert their picture graphs we made yesterday into bar graphs! I love hearing them use math vocabulary. We really focused on repeating Pictographs today! They are such a bright bunch!


Lastly, one of our favorite things we did today was our “First Week of Second Grade” book. The kids did an AMAZING job on them and I was so proud. They really wanted to take them home today, but I wanted to read through them and give them a grade for their hard work. Here are some pictures of our books we were working on.


That's all I will show! The kids can show you the rest! Have a great evening.. 

Miss Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment