Tuesday 6 September 2016

First Day Jitters!

We not only survived the fist day of school, but we had a FANTASTIC day!! Oh my goodness. I already know this is going to be a great group of kids and a great year! We had so much fun today during all of our activities. We got through so many different lessons today, and I feel like I got such a better understanding of each child!

When the kids came into the room this morning they wrote and drew about what they did this summer. As kids strolled in at different times the kids were in charge of giving the students directions on what to do with their worksheet. I loved seeing them take charge and enjoy watching them help out their classmates.

After going through all of the kids’ supplies (which was a tonkudos to all the parents for being prepared) we got a chance to play some ice breaker games and then dive right into our First Day Jitters activity! We read the book and completed a fun sheet and then continued on to reading a poem and drinking JITTER JUICE! The kids brought their poem home today, and I must say for the first read aloud together they did a great job reading! I was impressed. Below is a picture of Jitter Juice, which was to help them get rid of the jitters in their tummies (and arms according to others)



We did so many other fun things, but one thing that I just loved was when they wrote about what they wanted to be when they grow up! They completed a writing activity called, “When I Grow Up” and later I pulled the kids aside to take pictures of them holding a chalkboard with their future job on it! (Pictures to come later!) It was so fun listening to them talk about the different job. I heard: Jailor, Blacksmith, and Farmer just to name a few! These kids have big dreams already, and I love it!

I did send home with the kids an info yellow slip on Early-Out Wednesdays. Every Wednesday this year will be early out (dismissal at 2:38) I also sent home in their take home folder those business cards I posted about after Meet the Teacher Night! Please stick them on your fridge and show your kids the blog!!

Have a great evening we will see your kiddos tomorrow for another terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment