Tuesday 22 November 2016

Gobble Gobble. . .

Hello everyone!

Before I dig into our thankfulness I just want to share that the kids have gotten their 12 owls!! What does this mean you may ask?? That means they received 12 compliments while walking down the halls from other staff...in trade for those owls they get a "party" so they voted that tomorrow they will get to wear their PJ's and watch a movie in the afternoon...It works well that their party fell on this day because I for sure have 4 kids gone tomorrow! Just make sure your child still bring good clothes for outside recess and PE shoes! :)




We are getting close to our Thanksgiving break (tomorrow)...and with that we have been talking a lot about what we are thankful for! On Monday we cooked "turkey legs" AKA rice krispy treats! This was so fun...but the best part was giving them away to staff members! The kids delivered and gave each high school staff member a thank you (thanksgiving card) The kids loved making these and sending thanks to our staff!

I love how realistic these look! The best part was when I sent two kids into each room in high school they had to ask, "Do you want a turkey leg?" I mean how could this not make your day a little better? 🦃





The cereal mixture was SOOO sticky that I couldn't even get it off my hands and onto the pretzel...we did some MAJOR brainstorming as a class as to how we could solve this problem! I had them all dunk their hands in veggie oil and then form the rice krispy into balls moving their hands "wicked fast" as I would say! :) Problem solved....


This makes me smile.... :)


 I mentioned in a previous post that we have been studying different Native American Tribes. We watched a video of a woman making a patterned rug by weaving and using a brush tool to push down the material to keep it tight. After watching that I taught them how to weave on their own. . . I was surprised with how well they did! The only thing I helped with was cutting the scraps to weave before hand...I kept reminding them to tap it to keep their weaves tight just like the woman did with her brush tool. 


I laminated them for the students so they could use them over and over again! They were proud and excited to get them back! 



While we are talking about thanks I would just like to thank a few parents for buying me these awesome books at the book fair last week!! I love a new book! 💗💗💗


I love how they said, "Miss Ellis it would sound really good if we said, HEY at the end!"Here is a little poem we did during poetry! 




Have a great Thanksgiving break and enjoy your time with your friends and family! I know I cherish mine! 

--Miss Ellis




No comments:

Post a Comment